Today Sean and Wes came back to keep working on what they started.  I have to say that so far, the guys from PuroClean have been top notch!  They brought out the thermo scans and started checking out the walls and carpet.  They had to pull the carpet padding from the entire office, and two closets.  Additionally, part of the padding from our bed room, our closet, and the living room as well.

They also found more water that was trapped on the office wall and part of the wall that is next to our front door.  Since they are outside walls the insulation was not allowing the water to move where it could be dried.  They had to remove part of the dry wall along the outside walls.

Before they left the brought in two more de-humidifiers  and more fans, including a fan that has several hoses on it that they could run under the stairs since there is no access to the area under them.  This not only brought up the noise level in the house but the temperature as well.










Sean and Wes set everything up and left around 3:00.  By around 5:00 p.m. I knew we were going to start having some problems.  The temperature in part of the house had gotten up to 93 degrees.  And even worse, the water in my fish tank  had started to go up.  I normally keep my tank at around 79 degrees and it was already at 82.0 by 6:00 and still rising.  I call State Farm back to ask them what I should do, I knew that I did not want to go spend money on a chiller that I would only use for the next 4 days.  I had also called another friend who has fish to see if he could house them for me but his tank was fully populated.   Just a little while later, Wes from PuroClean called back and said they were returning to take care of the fish tank.

State Farm had also called back and booked us two rooms at a motel since it was so hot in the house.  Since my son is still living at home, they booked us two rooms over in Plano not too far from the house.

At about 8:30 p.m. Sean and Wes were back and they had gone to Home Depot and bought an Air Conditioner to set in front of the Fish Tank.  When they had arrived the tank had gotten to 82.8 and within about 30 to 40 minutes it had already dropped to 82.6 so I know my fish are going to be OK. I was really not looking forward to losing any of them.


During all of this time Cheri had been having a problem due to all of the dust and contamination in the air.  We already have some allergy issues and this was not helping.  Sean had heard her coughing quite a bit and was worried that it could get worse.  So when they came back with the AC unit for the tank, they also brought a larger air scrubber and set it up.  It’s a 1,000 CFM HEPA filter that he said would get most of the contamination out of the air. We left about an hour after Sean and Wes set this up and we could already tell a difference in the air quality in the house.


I am  still really happy with the work that PuroClean has done!